What is an open university? An open university is a university that provides an open door academic policy with minimal or no entry requirements. In the present generation or world, education plays an important role and is also so competitive, and a degree from open university gives you immense opportunities even you can do part-time jobs while studying.
You should definitely know about the difference between distance education and open universities because people like me will definitely think that they both are the same. Distance education is a type of learning which is provided by various universities to students who will not be able to attend the classes in the institutes but can prepare in correspondent or through online. Open University is a type of university and distance education is a type of education mode.
Top Open Universities In India
- INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY (IGNOU) is also known as People’s University and is also one of most reputed universities in India. They have tele counselling for students’ group, extended contract programs with students.
- Sikkim Manipal University has contributed to the education revolution in its way. It is also one of the most reputed open universities. The main objective of this institute is to support, promote and undertake the advancement of academics.
- Andhra Pradesh Open University, Andhra Pradesh Open University is also known as Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University is a public university in Hyderabad, India. This University was established in 1982 and was inaugurated by the president of India. The University was renamed to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University in the year 1991 on Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar on the occasion of his birthday, Dr.Ambedkar is known to all, his dreams regarding education are eventually getting fulfilled by this university also. The main aim of this university is to provide opportunities to those who are not in the position or who are not affordable to pursue higher education.
- IMT Distance and Open learning institute, this institute aims to prepare managers for the future and is armed with a distinct vision. It’s a two-year postgraduate diploma in management, one-year postgraduate diploma in business administration and it also offers courses more than this like financial management, operations management, human resource management, marketing management etc…
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University aims to spread and promote higher education among the underprivileged and has also set up study centres in rural areas; the university aims to provide an easily accessible system of teaching and learning through education inputs like practical classes, distance teaching, satellite communication teaching etc.…
These are the top 5 colleges in India and we have also mentioned some of its benefits or courses to it.