Corporate advertising is the advertising made for the whole institution, company or organization and not for entity brands or products. It is more public relation than sales endorsement.
Corporate advertising can notify and manipulate shareholders and the financial community, especially for companies arranging for an initial stock offering. It can also be used to correspond with the general public and the company’s own employees during a company crisis as well as to draw potential employees or to keep hold of existing ones.
The key goal of corporate advertising is:
⎫ To perk up the image of the company and make it enviable workplace
⎫ Give details viewpoint to the public and to take a stand
⎫ Connect and develop employee self-esteem
⎫ Creating an optimistic brand icon of firm
⎫ To make companies achievement known
⎫ To make companies products and service known
Features of corporate advertising
o A large number of people are tackling at a time, it is nonpersonalnonpersonal.
o It is not free of cost, it the most expensive alternative of market promotion.
o It is not used for business and profession but extensively used by government agencies, educational institutions, and others to draw public.
o Device for market promotion such as advertising, personal selling, publicity, and sales promotion.
• Corporate advertising is not much costly; you are sharing the cost with another business.
• It is excellent for placing a strong firm.
• It reaches a select target market; it often targets investors and managers of other firms rather than the general public.
• launches new products to markets
• Edify customers
• Ropes salesmanship
• Development of market
• Effectiveness of corporate advertising is still questionable as there is no strong confirmation that shows it is properly functional.
• Some detractors contend that since larger firms have more money they misuse public opinions.