Hotel/hospitality management is known to grow with leaps and bounds due to globalization. This as a field requires aspirants to possess good communication skills as well as an impressive personality. A hospitality related jobs are injected in the economy every year. Not only Indian but international firms also offer jobs in this field. It offers Undergraduate as well as post graduate courses. To make career in this field one need to pursue course in the same field from a reputed college.
Hotel management Undergraduate courses:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Hotel management Postgraduate courses:
- Master in Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA Hospitality
- MSc tourism and Hospitality Management
Apart from all the above mentioned degree courses aspirants can apply for certificate and diploma programmes in Hospitality and Hotel management.
- Having a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Customer oriented approach
- Polite demeanor
- Team spirit
- Fine communication skills
- Comfortable with odd work hours too
Candidates are eligible to pursue this course which is offered at undergraduate level only if they have completed their10+2 from a recognized board with at least passing marks. The additional eligibility criteria listed by most of the colleges is that it is compulsory for students to have cleared English as a core subject of study if they want to pursue career in hotel/hospitality management.
And for candidates willing to pursue PG they need to be graduates. Some colleges also add an eligibility criteria that candidates must score at least 55% marks in their graduation. Students who hold a graduation degree in hotel/hospitality management are preferred.
- Hotel manager: The individual holding this post is responsible for overall operations of a hotel. They have to maintain the standard of service offered at the hotel and also take cares that all the facilities are offered to the guests. The increase in revenue earned by the hotel is the responsibility of the hotel manager.
- Front office manager: The work of receptionists, clerks, door man, bell boy are supervised by the front office manager. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the rooms and facilities offered to the guests are meeting their requirements. His duty also includes coordination between housekeeping section and the food and beverage section time to time to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Housekeeping manager: The individual at this position is responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the hotel premises from the banquet halls, meeting rooms, reception area as well as the guest rooms. They must also order the cleaning materials in a timely manner.
- Food and Beverage manager: They have to plan, organize and supervise the work done by the catering section. They are expected to interact with the guests so as to ensure that all their needs and requirements are fulfilled in time.
- Restaurant and Food service manager: They have works like taking stock of cleaning supplies, linens, cutlery, paper, cooking utensils etc. Also responsible for repairs and equipment maintenance.
- Chef: They are responsible for training kitchen staff, preparing meals, planning menus, ordering supplies, managing the kitchen budget accordingly, preserving food quality etc. It is the foods which guests count on the most to mark excellence of a hotel.
- Banquet Manager: Every event conducted at the banquet of the hotel is the responsibility of the Banquet manager. He have to take care of all the departments which coordinates with the banquet.
- Steward: In short, they look forward for perfection in cutlery, banquet rooms, room service etc.
- Floor Supervisors: They work closely with the bell boys and maids. He/she is responsible for up keeping of all rooms on the hotel floor.
The Taj Group of Hotels, Hyatt Hotels, Accor Hostels, Hilton worldwide, Courtyard by Marriott, Oberoi Group etc.