Indian Institute of Management (IIM) are a group of 20 independent public institutes of management education and research in India. They primarily offer postgraduate (PG) and executive programmes.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is a Post-Graduation (PG) course offered to the ones who complete Under-Graduation (UG) The core courses in the MBA program covers various areas of business. Those who want to pursue an MBA should have to undergo the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) which is prominently used as an entrance exam for MBA. The GMAT entrance exam is used to pursue MBA in abroad and Common Admission Test (CAT) entrance exam is used to pursue MBA within India. One should hold a degree to get into the MBA, he/she should have a minimum of two to three years of experience and GMAT score should be above 600.
Many IIM’s offer executive programs or education certificates targeted mainly at working professionals. They are almost short term or part-time programs and are also known as Management Development Programme (MDP), Advanced Masters Program in Management of Global Enterprises (AMPM), etc…
The executive programs or degree is designed for such professionals who are in the middle of managerial positions and should have experience of 5 to 15 years and are seeking a promotion to the upper managerial positions. You get more benefits and immense opportunities out of these executive courses. Executive MBA courses are gradually becoming popular in India because they can also be prepared from distance education. The admission process for these courses is less compared than others.
TOP FIVE COLLEGES IN INDIA : –
- Indian Schools of Business (ISB): – ISB has ranked 33rd in the world in 2015 Financial Times Global MBA rankings. One should have a bachelors degree or an equivalent qualification in any institution and also possess a minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA): – IIMA offers diploma courses, and one should have a bachelors degree, and minimum age requires 27 years.
- Indian Institute od Management, Calcutta (IIMC): – IIMC chooses candidates on professional experience and a GMAT score and one should have a bachelors degree and should also have five years post qualification professional or managerial experience.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) : – Admissions at IIM Bangalore is highly personalised and one should have 7 to 15 years of work experience and obviously should also have a bachelors degree.
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur: – This institution is one of those few institutions that provide students the option to pursue multiple courses concurrently, and one should have a minimum of five years managerial experience and in bachelors degree.
These are the top five colleges that provide IIM Executive MBA in India, and those who want to pursue these courses will face some difficulties but later will have a good future.