Are you evaluating your options before taking the first step towards higher education? Do you think a foreign university can give you the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for? Do foreign degrees excite you? Are you already daydreaming about studying at one of the best universities abroad?
If so, this article is for you! Each year, India witnesses an overall increase of 7-10% in the number of students moving abroad for higher education. Ministry of External Affairs states that more than 3, 00,000 Indian students get into foreign universities each year. And now that you’re reading ‘study in abroad after 12th’, we believe you are planning to be next in line.
No doubt studying abroad after 12th is one of the best decisions you’d make. While there are numerous benefits attached to a foreign degree, the best one amongst them is the practical learning environment that lacks in India. Students, who are looking forward to studying in abroad after 12th, begin with the question- ‘What & Where?’ Now that you’ve started your research let us together explores some options that would open doors to awesome opportunities in the future. Now as you read this article, we’d dig deeper in-
• Why Study abroad
• Benefits of a foreign degree
• Popular countries to study in abroad after 12th
• Most popular courses
• How can students apply to a foreign university
• What all exams do students write to study in abroad after 12th
• How can they finance their education
Why should a student apply to a foreign university after 12th?
There is no doubt that a foreign degree escalates your growth ten times. Popularly, students complete their graduation domestically and then apply for a major in foreign universities. However, students’ planning to study in abroad after 12th has now increased dramatically. There are some great benefits of taking this step at an earlier stage. Students who study in abroad after 12th have better chances of getting in top universities for masters. Apart from this, global exposure and an even better learning environment are some obvious benefits for students planning g to study in abroad after 12th. Let’s look at some more benefits listed by the experts.
Benefits of pursuing bachelors from a foreign university
Now before you scroll and read the benefits, let us also consider the fact that every student benefits differently from a bachelor’s degree. What is beneficial for someone else may not be an advantage to you. It is advisable to analyze the pros and cons before you study in abroad after 12th. The best way to conclude is to take personalized professional help from an expert. These professionals help you shortlist best programs at some of the global universities. Such programs are generally in-line with the education of the student so far which eventually opens doors to some awesome career prospects in the future.
Furthermore, they help you with college applications, resume restructuring, visa, loan application, scholarship abroad and even with permanent residence. Students who are planning to study abroad after 12th can sign up for a free consultation session. Let us now look at some of the advantages attached to abroad studies after 12th.
- There is a border spectrum of programs in foreign countries for students who want to study in abroad after 12th like-
• Bachelor’s Degree courses
• Diploma courses
• Integrated courses
• Certificate courses
- One can even change their line of education if they like which may not be possible in Indian colleges. For example, a commerce student can take up engineering at a foreign university which may not be possible in India.
- Experienced faculty and great infrastructure create an excellent learning environment.
- Colleges abroad are very particular about the quality of education. To maintain high standards of education, they upgrade their curriculum annually.
- Students have a gamut of experiences when they move abroad. These experiences add to their overall learning as an individual.
- Each student is encouraged to take up extracurricular activities and sign up for internships that later combine in their professional experiences.
- To study in abroad after 12th is to broaden your perspective towards everything. Students would analyze everything from a global point of view which helps in drawing better conclusions later in their lives.
- Numerous activities and outbound programs create a holistic learning environment.
- Students have a plethora of networking opportunities to connect with peers and professionals.
- With more than 16 million Indians abroad, you’d find a bit of India everywhere. This would not make you feel very far from your country.
- There are multiple ways to fund your education to help you get into the world’s best universities.
- Foreign degrees add value to your profile that later assist in finding jobs.
- Study in abroad after 12th and then to study further in the same country would widen your chances of attaining permanent residence in the country. Applicants, who are primarily studying aboard for easy immigration, can also ask a expert and directly apply for PR.
- Students get to experience a different culture and lifestyle.
- While students engage in part-time jobs, they might as well get pre-placement offers and come across other job opportunities.
- Stand apart from the crowd with a degree from a top global college.
- Find new areas of interest.
- Boost interpersonal skills through everyday interaction while you study in abroad after 12th.
Where there are innumerable benefits facilitated by a foreign degree, there are a couple of limitations of studying abroad after 12th like-
¬ The Cost Factor
MYTH- Foreign courses are too expensive to afford and are only for a select few.
Financing a foreign degree might be a concern, but it is not a tedious task. Well, studying at some of the top Indian institutes can be even more expensive than pursuing a degree abroad. Also, the tuition fee some of the Indian colleges can cover your tuition+ accommodation+ food and more while you are pursuing a foreign degree. It is wrongly assumed that the USA is the most expensive country for higher education. Some of the colleges in Australia and Switzerland are relatively are more expensive than the ones in the US. Now with the easy availability of education loans and numerous scholarship programs, higher education has become affordable. Surprisingly enough, scholarships of thousands of dollars are not claimed only because students don’t apply for them. It’s best to ask an expert to know about all the scholarships to study in abroad after 12th that optimizes your chances of receiving a scholarship. Another plus point of a scholarship program is that students might as well receive a full waiver of tuition fee. Other than this, students can even fund their degree with education loans. Students can now easily apply for hassle-free education loans and get them approved in no time by asking an expert.
FUN FACT- Countries like Finland, Norway, Germany, Sweden, and more houses many colleges that do not charge tuition fee or charge a nominal amount. The admissions are granted irrespective of an applicant’s nationality and are classes are held in bi-lingual language. Indian students aiming for these colleges should have a B2 level proficiency in the primary language of the country. You can also ask an expert to know more about such colleges.
¬ Staying away from home
Like we have mentioned above, approximately 16 million people live in foreign countries as permanent residents. Apart from this, numerous Indian students and working professionals are also staying in different foreign countries. Currently, more than 17% of international students in the US are Indians, and 56% of them are studying at a graduate level. Parents and students who are planning to study in abroad after 12th would not need to worry since wherever a student goes, he/she would find a mini India everywhere. Foreign countries will have easy access to all the amenities while they are studying abroad after completing their 12th.
Top 10 universities to study abroad
Top 5 universities
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
California Institute of Technology (CalTech)
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
University of Alberta
National University of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Management University
Singapore University of Technology and Design
Australian National University (ANU)
University of Melbourne
University of Sydney
University of New South Wales (UNSW)
University of Queensland (UQ)
Technische Universität München
Ludwig-Maximilians – Universität München
KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University (PSL)
École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
Ecole Polytechnique (ParisTech)
University of Oxford
University of Cambridge
Imperial College London
University College London (UCL)
London School of Economics and Political Science
University of Science and Technology of China
Delft University of Technology
Wageningen University & Research
University of Amsterdam
Erasmus University Rotterdam
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Chinese University of Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Pre-requisites to study in abroad after 12th
Foreign universities take great interest in knowing their students. The committee would look at the academic and extracurricular achievements of each applicant. To study in abroad after 12th, students need to have the below-mentioned documents.
• A filled application form
• Copies of academic documents like mark sheet, transfer certificate, etc
• Copies of certificates
• IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE/ SAT/ GMAT scores
• A well-worded letter of intent
• Letter of recommendation
• Financial documents
Students planning to study abroad after 12th would need to write a few exams before applying to a foreign university. Not each of the below- mentioned exams are compulsory. However, you’d have to write one if it is a requirement for a specific university or program.
♣ SAT (mandatory for students applying to universities based in the US)
♣ GMAT/ GRE (For students who are using in management courses)
♣ IELTS/TOEFL/PTE (Ideally for candidates coming from countries where English is not the primary language)
Students who are planning to study in abroad after 12th should at least obtain a minimum score to apply for a foreign program. Applicants can ask an expert before studying for any of these exams. With this, these experts can also help a student in preparing for their interviews.
The Big Question!
Is studying abroad after 12th worth all the investment? Let us look at a foreign degree from a very realistic perspective. All the emotional and financial investments that you make to study in abroad after 12th is only bringing you higher returns in the end. Be it in terms of career prospects or about the scope of learning; students are exposed to an enhanced learning environment. Additional benefits like PR in a foreign country and a better pay scale are cherry on the cake. Now that you can easily secure a loan and even get scholarships, to study abroad is one of the best decisions one can ever make. To know how you can be the next in line, talk to an expert. These experts will help you shortlist the best courses that you can pursue. Also, they’d help you with college applications, visa, education loans, scholarships and even PR in a foreign country.